Phone home 373-7493
Office 392-0793 Room 2275 NPB
P.O. Box 118440
Department of Physics
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611-8440
Locally written general purpose codes:
2. Fittery\nlfit – Fits data to a function
3. Fittery\robfit – Analyses spectra
1. As shown at MarcX Fittery\robfit\robfit2015-04-17.zip
Supernova 1987A fit Tame Theorist --- Fittery\robfit\Welcome.htm
a. Nov 1998 fitting spectra to splines an attempt to explain fitting the continuum part of spectra.
b. Nov 2000 Simulating Detectors an attempt to explain fractional counts and the use of detector simulation in the design of detectors.
3. There is a surprising amount of radiation in the natural background as seen below.
A bit of detail about the natural background and an expansion of some of the regions of this plot is in Ztcase9.
4. A detailed fit to a set of "essentially"
background files is described in the paper Detecting
Low Levels of Plutonium with HPGe Spectra
5. Colloquium at UNR April 21, 2000 An attempt to explain curve fitting