- HW5 posted, due Apr. 23. Please turn in all outstanding HW's if you have not
done so. Solutions posted Apr. 23 afternoon.
I will accept
for the next few days, but I will not grade them too seriously.
- Last lecture
for PHZ7429 on Wednesday, official ending day of classes.
- Last presentation day April 24 6:30pm
in NPB 2165. Refreshments provided (Thai).
Note Journal club presentations posted on HW page.
- Course covers physics of emergent phenomena,
symmetry breaking, topological matter. Introduction to phase transitions and
the renormalization group.
Professor: Peter Hirschfeld, research interests in superconductivity and low temperature physics
- No required text; some texts may be useful (see tentative syllabus), but course will be taught from notes.
- More info available from tentative syllabus
and links above.
Last Updated: Wed, 4-Jan-18
Questions, comments on web site to P.J. Hirschfeld: