PhD Stanford University (1975)
Condensed Matter Experiment
Research interests include: Iron pnictide superconductors (new materials as well as known compounds) AND highly correlated f-electron metallic compounds involving Yb, Ce or depleted U are investigated using specific heat, susceptibility, and resistivity down to 3He temperatures and in fields up to 16 T (in-house) / 45 T (NHMFL Tallahassee) / 60 T (Los Alamos long pulse NHMFL facility). Advances in our understanding of the unusual magnetic and superconducting properties of these materials is aided with the further help of active outside collaborations with University of Goettingen, Germany, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and starting in 2008 with Seoul National University.
1. Jun Sung Kim, Seunghyun Khim, Liqin Yan, N. Manivannan,Yong Liu, Ingyu Kim, G. R. Stewart, and Kee Hoon Kim, Evidence for Coexistence of Superconductivity and Magnetism in Single Crystals of Co-doped SrFe2As2, J. Phys.: Condensed Matter 21, 102203 (2009) (Fast Track Communication.)
2. J. S. Kim, G. R. Stewart, and K. Samwer, Evolution of Physical Properties with decreasing size in Ce(Ru0.4Rh0.6)2Si2, Phys. Rev. B79, 165119 (2009).
3. J. S. Kim, E. G. Kim, and G. R. Stewart, Specific heat anomalies for T<< Tc in superconducting single crystal doped BaFe2As2: comparison of different flux growth methods, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 21, 252201 (2009) (Fast Track Communication).
4. J. S. Kim, T. D. Blasius, E. G. Kim, and G. R. Stewart, Superconductivity in Undoped Single Crystals of BaFe2As2: Field and Current Dependence, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 21, 342201 (2009) (Fast Track Communication).
5. J. L. Sarrao, L. A. Morales, J. D. Thompson, B. L. Scott, G. R. Stewart, F. Wastin, J. Rebizant, P. Boulet, E. Colineau, and G. H. Lander, Plutonium-based Superconductivity above 18 K, Nature 420, 297 (2002).
6. G. R. Stewart, non-Fermi Liquid Behavior in d- and f-electron Metals, Rev. Mod. Phys. 73, 797 (2001).
Office: 2132 NPB