- Physics Undergraduate Coordinator Dr. Katia Matcheva. Please stop by with any physics or UF related questions, or just to say Hi! This semester my regular office hours are Mondays and Wednesdays, period 3 room #2073.
- Physics Advisors: Prof. Acosta, Prof. Hershfield, Prof. Biswas, Prof. Lee. For office hours please see the department webpage http://www.phys.ufl.edu/academics/undergraduate.
- Degree Application Deadline: September 14
- NSF graduate fellowship: Deadline October 26
- Hertz graduate fellowship: Deadline October 24
- SULI Applications being accepted for 2018 Spring Term: Deadline October 2. The Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program encourages undergraduate students to pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers by providing research experiences at the Department of Energy (DOE) laboratories.
- 2019 APS Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics: Application Deadline October 12. The meeting will be held in Tuscaloosa AL, Jan 18-20, 2019 and will include research talks by faculty, panel discussions about graduate school and careers in physics, presentations and discussions about women in physics, laboratory tours, student research talks, and a student poster session during which presenters and students interact with each other. The CUWiP conference is sponsored by the APS, NSF, and DOE, and food and accommodations may be provided by the organizers. For details please read the information posted on the organizers website (https://cuwip.ua.edu).
- Gulf Coast Undergraduate Research Symposium, Rice University, Huston, TX: Application Deadline October 10. It will be held on Saturday September 12th. GCURS is a forum for undergraduate researchers to present original research and discoveries. Participants will give individual presentations in a 10-12 minute PowerPoint format, rather than the more common poster session. Please contact the organizers if any funding is available.